Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination
Do you need the
If you are currently enrolled at SPC or plan to enroll at SPC next semester, you qualify for a discount on the meningitis vaccination fee.
• $75.00 fee (Cash, Debit, Money Order, Credit Card, or Texan Card).
• Pay at the following location. KEEP YOUR PAYMENT RECEIPT!
Levelland Campus Business Office
• Vaccine administered at the following location and times with your payment
Effective January 1, 2012
Pursuant to SB 1107 enacted by the State of Texas, all entering students* under the age of 30** must provide proof that the meningitis vaccination was administered no later than 10 days prior to the first day of the term. Proof must be received by the Admissions and Records Office before the student will be allowed to register for classes. Vaccination must have been received or renewed within the last 5 years.
* An entering student is defined as a student who is a first-time student of an institution of higher education, a transfer student from another college, or a returning student who has had a break in enrollment of at least one fall or spring semester.
** Effective with the 2014 Spring Semester entering students:
Pursuant to SB 62, the age of 30 will change to the age of 22 beginning with entering students enrolling on or after January 1, 2014.
Acceptable proof of meningitis vaccination include:
- an Evidence of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination or Exemption Form signed and/or stamped by designee who administered the vaccine
- an official immunization record with date of vaccination
- a signed or stamped physician's note to include date of vaccination
- an official school record with date of vaccination
♦ ♦ ♦ ♦ Vaccinations over 5 years old will not be accepted. ♦ ♦ ♦ ♦
To send proof of vaccination or exemption:
Hand Deliver to:
South Plains College
Admissions and Records Office, Box C
1401 S. College Ave.
Levelland, TX 79336
Email as an attachment no larger than 500 KB to:
The legislation exempts students who:
- are 30 years of age or older by the official first class day of the semester. No action is required by the student to receive this automatic exemption. (Effective with the 2014 Spring Semester entering students: Pursuant to SB 62, the age of 30 will change to the age of 22 beginning with entering students enrolling on or after January 1, 2014.
- enroll only in 100% online or other distance education courses. Evidence of Bacterial Meningitis Vaccination or Exemption Form must be submitted before student will be allowed to register. (NOTE: Students who are required to come on campus for proctored exam MUST provide proof of the meningitis vaccination.)
- enroll in a dual credit course which is taught at a public or private K-12 facility not located on a higher education institution campus. (NOTE: Dual credit students taking classes at the Byron Martin Advanced Technology Center and Upward Bound students MUST provide proof of the meningitis vaccination.)
- submit an affidavit or certificate signed by a duly licensed physician that states, in the physician’s opinion, that the vaccination would be injurious to the health and well-being of the student.
- submit an affidavit signed by the student stating that the student declines the vaccination for reasons of conscience, including religious belief. The student must use one of the below forms obtained directly from the Texas Department of State Health Services.
- Exemption from Meningococcal Vaccination Requirements for Reasons of Conscience form for public junior colleges. This form is completed online and printed immediately. The form does not have to be notarized.
- Exemption From Immunizations for Reasons of Conscience. This form must be requested online or by mail and must be notarized. Please allow up to 7-10 business days for the form to arrive by mail.
- enroll in a continuing education course or program that is less than 360 contact hours, or continuing education corporate training.
- are incarcerated in a Texas prison.
South Plains College students who were enrolled in the Fall 2011 semester and remain continuously enrolled each consecutive spring and fall semester, will not be required to submit proof of the meningitis vaccination.
Meningitis Vaccine Providers and Cost Information as of 5/24/12
We strongly recommend calling ahead to confirm vaccines are on hand. Supply will change hourly.
|South Plains Rural Hth||1000 FM 300||894-7842||$135.00 pre-pay to order vaccine (vaccine administered when it comes in)|
|Family Medicine East||116-E John Dupre||894-1514||$185.00 cash price|
|Levelland Clinic||1804 S College Ave||894-3141||$184.00 cash price|
|Prescription Shop||1506 S Sunset Ave, Littlefield||385-4491||• 19 yrs & older: $127.00
• 18 yrs & younger: $10.00
|United Pharmacy||82nd & Frankford||783-0241||$130.00 cash price|
|Walgreens||4th & Slide||792-1377||$133.99 cash price|
|Walgreens||Indiana & 34th||792-0831||$133.99 cash price|
|Walgreens||50th & Q||762-0218||$134.00 cash price|
|Walgreens||82nd & University||748-5073||$130.00 cash price|
|Walgreens||Slide & 50th||792-7048||$133.99 cash price|
|Walgreens||98th||698-1021||$133.99 cash price|
|Lubbock Health Department||1902 Texas Ave||775-2933||• 19 yrs & older with or without insurance: $100.00
• 18 yrs & younger with insurance: $100.00
• 18 yrs & younger without insurance: $10.00
|Plainview Health Department||111 E. 10th St.||293-1359||18 yrs & younger without insurance ONLY|
|West Texas Medical||1806 Quincy St||288-7891||$150.00 cash price|
|Family Medical||1208 N I27||296-2444||$180.00 cash price|
|Amigos United||2403 N Columbia||293-3820||$135.00 cash price|
|Regence Health Care||2601 Dimmitt Rd, Ste 104||291-0297||Income sliding scale|